On March 15, the Road Engineering Association of Asia and Australasia (REAAA) and the International Road Federation (IRF) renewed a memorandum of understanding during the 103rd REAAA Council Meeting in Dubai, UAE. This General Cooperation Agreement aims at strengthening the framework for cooperation mechanisms between IRF and REAAA in the following areas:
- Intra-regional transfer of technology and best practices;
- Information and communication services;
- Seminars, workshops, symposiums and regional congresses in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Educational and scientific programs;
- Implementation of joint research projects and training activities.
The International Road Federation is a nongovernmental, non-profit organization with the mission to encourage and promote development and maintenance of better, safer and more sustainable roads and road networks. Working together with members and associates in 118 countries, the IRF promotes social and economic benefits that flow from well planned and environmentally sound road transport networks. It helps put in place technological solutions and management practices that provide maximum economic and social returns from national road investments.